Thread: Ready for new carrer after diversion at work for chronic pain

Question Ready for new carrer after diversion at work for chronic pain

I wonder if anyone knows about what will occur if I surrender my license and search for a non medical career. I have arthritis since a young age and my body is breaking down. i am afraid that for the next 3 years if I rehab then I can not have my pain medication(this is what I was told). I would rather go into another field. After 17 years of nursing I have realized there are alot of reasons besides even my pain that I do not want to continue. I have spend my entire adult life helping people with their pain and screwed up just recently. Please do not pass judgement on me because if you do it will go out the other ear. i have made a huge difference in so many lives and was one of the best nurses out there up to this point. You never truly know the pain a patient has unless you have to suffer yourself. Thank you for any help. :luck:

Talking Re: Ready for new carrer after diversion at work for chronic pain

:houra: :

Talking Re: Ready for new carrer after diversion at work for chronic pain

I have decided to see if I can stop working as a nurse and possibly do the rehab later on if I want my license back (meaning the stuff I pay for, counselor, psychiatrist, piss test every week then more often for 6 months to 2 years, not the AA or Span groups.) I am going back to school! You all take care and I wish you luck. 17 years for me and I need a break :luck: And what if I use my Sanitizer too much...I had no idea that is noted in the liver.