Thread: seeking advice on good teaching hospitals in San diego, LA, and/or San Fransisco

seeking advice on good teaching hospitals in San diego, LA, and/or San Fransisco

Ive been a nurse in a small community hospital for 3 years. Franklin Medical Center, affiliated with baystate medical center. I work on a general med/surg tele floor. Deal with heperin drips, post op ortho, med surg patients, tele monitoring, stroke patients... basically a little bit of everything but nothing complex. I have a lot of experience with computer charting via Cerner. I am ACLS now, and Im looking to move on.

What Im specifically looking for are hospitals in one of the 3 cities that I listed above. Computerized charting, teaching hospital, with a broad spectrum of medical services provided to the community. A place where as I grow as a nurse, I can become more and more specialized within that hospital. Im specifically looking for telemetry as I absolutly love cardiac care.

I am not looking for a travel nursing position, but an actual perminant position. Any ideas for hospitals to research would be helpful, or a recruiter to actually discuss options would be ideal.

Thank you

Re: seeking advice on good teaching hospitals in San diego, LA, and/or San Fransisco

Try UCLA or LAC + USC Medical Center