I was caught drinking and driving, alright. One good thing that has emerged from this whole ordeal is that I quit drinking for two years now. The consequences posed by the BON, however, appears endless. Just when I begin to think less and less about my criminal past, and start to feel better about myself, here comes the BON with correspondence to shatter any such delusions. My family and close friends think that I am being overly fatalistic about my situation, and that I'm adhering to an unrealistic subculture of nursing, were people aren't allowed to make mistakes. My boyfriend sardonically asked me the other night if I thought that President Bush might be on some sort of "low profile" probation by the departments and agencies responsible for implementing presidential directives as a consequence of his DUI? Smart ---! All joking aside for a moment, for I truly do not whish to make light the importance of the neither disciplinary process, nor do I wish to trivialize the magnitude of my actions. We live and learn. Anyway, good luck to all of those who have had, or will have, the privilege of experiencing the BON disciplinary process at glacier speed.

Kristen