I have been dealing with migraine headaches for the last 13 years. They started shortly after a complete hysterectomy. I have tried changes in my horomones but have not been successful with doing that as of yet.

I have been to many doctors, neuros, pain clinics, anesthesiologists, etc. and tried all the preventative drugs on the market with little or no success.

The pain is just unbearable at times. My MD I go to now is wonderful! He has put me on MS Contin which has really given me back my life. The only problem I have is nausea and vomiting. I take Zofran and generally it helps, but there are times when it does not.

For those times, my doctor has given me Demerol suppositories 100mg because on occassion when NOTHING else works, I get a 100mg demerol shot with 100mg Vistaril. (The suppository is formulated for me at a pharmacy with 100mg Phenergan).

Now the shot ALWAYS works great and I can get the much needed sleep I need. Why don't the suppositories work well for me then? They don't even HELP at times. Is the absorption that much different?? My doctor does not think it should be.

My question is would Demerol syrup work better for me? I didn't even know it existed until my pharmacist suggested it to me last week. Now my Zofran is sublingual because I will almost always vomit up the pill, but the melting one

Please tell me what you think. I so appreciate your opinion on this matter.

I would also like to mention that being a migraine sufferer, I have seen many a doctor's office and ER. I so appreciate everything the nurses's do. Nurses are a very special breed! They do an awful lot of work and don't always get the credit they deserve. Thank You nurses!!

Cindy