Thread: Questions

Questions

Hi,

I am a RN that has worked in a rural hospital for 13 years. My specialty is ED, but working in a rural hospital I have experience in Med/Surg, Tele, CCU and house supervisor. I resigned in Sept of 2006 to pursue agency/contract nursing close to home. I currently am contracted in a small hospital doing ED and SCU with a contract to end in 2 weeks. I have my current agency looking for a travel position in North Carolina in the ED, but they are small and I am not getting a lot of feed back on openings in the ED.

Questions:

What is the estimated time that it should take to find a travel contact?

Is ED a specialty that does not have a lot of openings?

Do most of your nurses sign up with more than one travel company, so they have more options?

In my research, it sounds like your nursing recruiter will either make or break your experiences with a company; What is your recourse if you have a recruiter that you do not connect with? Can you request another?

Lots of questions, but I will quit with these. I would like to have something confirmed to begin the second week of March; am I asking for to much?

Thanks,
    rodggang

Re: Questions

Hi,
    If you are still looking for travel assignments in NC (ED), please contact me when you have a few minutes. Can review the current needs with you and you can provide me with some additional work experience info. Have a great day - talk to you soon. Donna Gubitoso. 866-296-3247 or dgubitoso@travelphp.com