Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help For Some One Who Failed 2 Clases

Need Help For Some One Who Failed 2 Clases

This is on behalf of my girlfriend... so please help, we are both on our wits end

She is a student at a nursing univeristy in the 'lovely' state of missouri, and after 2 years she failed in 2 of her classes (she was doing a 4 year course). She appealed and unfortunately got rejected. Shes currently doing other non nursing related courses to gain other credits, and is now looking for another university to apply to.

However here is the problem, as she failed the 2 clases no university will take her on as a transfer, adn she doesnt want to redo another 4 year course.

Any ideas?, or has anyone gone through this process before? please help as my girlfriend is at her wits end.

Thank you to all

Re: Need Help For Some One Who Failed 2 Clases

sometimes to achieve your dream you have to get up and keep fighting again. I would go for ADN.. it will prove to the other universities that she can do it now and it will get her in. They make around the same as someone as a BSN and they have accelerated options so she might not have to wait 4 years to do it all.

Its just a question of how bad she really wants to do this. I know she probably does so you gotta have the guts to go a different route sometimes.

or... keep applying to more and more schools

Quote Originally Posted by terabhap View Post
    This is on behalf of my girlfriend... so please help, we are both on our wits end

... Shes currently doing other non nursing related courses to gain other credits, and is now looking for another university to apply to.

However here is the problem, as she failed the 2 clases no university will take her on as a transfer, adn she doesnt want to redo another 4 year course.

Any ideas?, or has anyone gone through this process before? please help as my girlfriend is at her wits end.

Thank you to all
    I do not understand that another university will not accept her credits as transfer? My undergraduate university accepted 95 credit hours from my previous university and junior college, (associates).

I did fail a class listed as a pre-req for their nursing program too. One of my previous instructors for developmental psych across the lifespan told me I missed too many days to return, (family emergency) and told me I was dropped from the class. Yet, in two months on my report grade I had a big fat F! So, I transferred that F to my undergraduate institution and took the class and got a shiney bright A!!

Now, why won't another university take her? Usually it only adds about another year towards degree completion while you matriculate into their curriculum, it sounds worth it to me.

Gen
    edit to add: How far along in the program was she? Was it near the last semester? Also, what were the classes she failed? Was it a clinical or a lecture or another nursing class? That may be why no one will take her...YET, why not petition them to take her? You gotta try, try and try. If she failed two clinicals then it is really tough, unless she failed the same clinical twice, then again, we do not even know what she was helf back on.

i just got done reading a book "escape from tuichi" - it's about a guy who gets lost in the amazon rain forest for (drumroll) 30 days!!!!! the only way he was going to get out was to keep moving no matter how painfull his infected feet were. then when he was about to give up and succumb to death his buddy who was out looking for him spotted him on the riverbanks.
    in order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't mearly try to train him to be semi-human. the point is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly dog. :o

i used the above example to show you can get over or change what seems like insurmoutable things. another example would be the civil rights movement. it took the usa from a "white supremist" nation to a more equal nation - although there is still some work to be done. wow that's amazing to change the culture of a nation. so if escaping the amazon alive and changing a nation's culture is possible you can become a nurse eventually.
    in order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't mearly try to train him to be semi-human. the point is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly dog. :o

or on a lighter note - there's the planet of the apes. where 4 astronauts where pushed into the future, captured by apes, and one escaped with his girlfriend to live "happily ever after" - except for that one moment when he ran into the half buried statue of liberty and said blank you all to blank. :luck:

Quote Originally Posted by hsieh View Post
    i just got done reading a book "escape from tuichi" - it's about a guy who gets lost in the amazon rain forest for (drumroll) 30 days!!!!! the only way he was going to get out was to keep moving no matter how painfull his infected feet were. then when he was about to give up and succumb to death his buddy who was out looking for him spotted him on the riverbanks.

Thanks for the explanation Hsieh. I was kinda lost on that analogy.

it's - kind of. kinda - isn't a word. eeing:

Are we playing Scrabble here?

If you want to have a grammar/syntax/spelling battle go somewhere else. I could pick your posting apart as well, but I'm gonna stay on topic.

(Gonna isn't a word either, but I'm gonna use it anyway, because I kinda like it.)

By the way, kinda is in the dictionary kinda - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Thanks for the claraification!! I've always kinda wondered about that. Thank god you are here to enlighten us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast