Thread: Please help, I'm lost in College and want to switch to Nursing

Please help, I'm lost in College and want to switch to Nursing

Hi I'm almost 20 now and in John Jay college of Criminal Justice for 2 years now. In my heart I love history and for this reason I thought being a lawyer was the way to go. I just know deep down I'm going to be one of those people in law school asking myself "what the hell am I doing here..."
    I've never really been keen to science. Before High School I wizzed my sci classes b/c they were just easy! I've always been an exceptional student and I wanted to be a pharmacist but I hate chemistry and I wasn't sure I would be able to deal with it. Nursing, pharmaceuticals are such intriguing jobs.
    Could I make it as a "nurse" student? Am I displaying the complete antithesis of what a prospective nurse should be?

Indonurse

Arrow Re: Please help, I'm lost in College and want to switch to Nursing

If you like to be a nurse and you are looking for the best Nursing College and how to choose the Best Nursing College, Try to visit the Website belo and read the article there.

The link is :Nursing College

:whatever:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Please help, I'm lost in College and want to switch to Nursing

Chemistry wasn't my favorite class, either, & I'm horrible in math. My favorite classes were literature, english, & history. But I wanted a profession I could enjoy with good job security, and I love nursing. You'll have to take some chemistry, but not as much as you would have to take for pharmacy school. If you really want to go to nursing school, go for it. Taking a few classes you hate is not such a big deal when you consider that a semester or two of suffering will result in a career that you will enjoy for the next 40 years.

If you go the associate degree route to get your RN you won't have to take any chemistry or math (but you have to demonstrate math aptitude). You will have to take anatomy and physiology.

hey thanks so much for the information, your help is appreciated greatly. A few months ago on a pharmacist forum they slammed me for even thinking of going for pharmacy. Apparently I needed a passion for chemistry.
    I won't insult you guys by asking other questions because I would like to research this field much more than I have. At any rate, thanks indo for a place to start looking for colleges. Thanks Amanda for sharing my sentiments exactly. Thanks Tom for giving me a taste of the classes one would take. Hopefully you'll see more of me if I do so decide to jump ships! =)

Indonurse

Exclamation Re: Please help, I'm lost in College and want to switch to Nursing

well Come nick.:luck: