Thread: Seeking Information

Seeking Information

Hello, all! I have been doing a bit of surfing trying to gather some information but just not finding it. I hope one, or several of you, will be kind enough to help.

I was a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for several years and changed careers. I now own and operate my own graphic and web design firm. I absolutely love the medical field and miss it very much. I want to get back in on a design service level because I know and understand the ins and outs of the hospital as well as dealing with doctor egos.

This is where I need your help: I'd like to find a directory of hospitals or medical centers or physician groups throughout the US that might be in need of graphic/web design services. I don't know if there is a national directory but I cannot seem to find anything in my Internet searches.

My hope is to find actual names of the Marketing/PR directors or managers of the center or physicians group. Is there anyone here who can direct me to something like this?

If you find this request inappropriate, I am very sorry. My goal is to seek information, not to sell my services on this forum.

Thank you in advance!
    Alicia from JDawg Design

Re: Seeking Information

Sorry to be a bother but no one can offer help?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Trying to find some info.!

'Cat'

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
    Hello, all! I have been doing a bit of surfing trying to gather some information but just not finding it. I hope one, or several of you, will be kind enough to help.

I was a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for several years and changed careers. I now own and operate my own graphic and web design firm. I absolutely love the medical field and miss it very much. I want to get back in on a design service level because I know and understand the ins and outs of the hospital as well as dealing with doctor egos.

This is where I need your help: I'd like to find a directory of hospitals or medical centers or physician groups throughout the US that might be in need of graphic/web design services. I don't know if there is a national directory but I cannot seem to find anything in my Internet searches.

My hope is to find actual names of the Marketing/PR directors or managers of the center or physicians group. Is there anyone here who can direct me to something like this?

If you find this request inappropriate, I am very sorry. My goal is to seek information, not to sell my services on this forum.

Thank you in advance!
    Alicia from JDawg Design

Is there a group of web designers you might sub contract through. Web design and web pages I believe is fairly new to some hospitals. So I bet they mostly do it individually.

Good luck

Thanks, onetraveler, for your reply! That's what I plan to do: greet the marketing director at the hospital, medical/imaging center or physician group. I was hoping to find a directory of sorts that indicates size of a hospital both patient and physician numbers. this is useful because I do not want to market to large faculties or practices because they will have their own art department.

A directory of this kind may be out there and it may not. Hopefully, cougarnurse will scrounge up something for me!!

Have a good evening, ya'll!