Thread: Over Helpful Work collegue

Wink Over Helpful Work collegue

Hi guys and girls i just need some adivice on what to do with this work collegue of mine, whenever i do something she trys and helps by doing it for me, the other day, i was supposed to collect the cups from the residents, when they finish moring tea, she looked at me and said no sit,
    she winks at me, and is trying to be very helpful to me, when i have lunch she asks if she can sit near me, we had a concert, she sat in front of me which i didnt care, she felt bad so she sat next to me, and then i dont know why for, she held my hand and wouldnt let go of it, then she finally let go.
    i am 22 and shes in her 60s, she always seems to be nice to me and sometimes i dont know. should i be worried?

honey22
    :39:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Over Helpful Work collegue

seems like she's taken you under her wing. As long as she's not being inappropriate, I wouldn't worry about it. If the holding hand thing makes you uncomfortable, though, then just tell her.

Talking Re: Over Helpful Work collegue

hey amanda geese thats quick no shes fine

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by HONEY22 View Post
    hey amanda geese thats quick no shes fine
    if she's fine then what's the problem?

Red face Re: Over Helpful Work collegue

well, it seems, evertime, i try and do something, shes there doing it for me, or asking me when i am having luch etc etc, i know she means well but sometimes

Basically shes in her older years which she wants to be able to pass on some knowledge to younger workers. It gives her a good amount of purpose but at the same time it could be detrimental to you. It is nothing unusual its just the age difference of living in a different time. She is most likely just being very nice and sometimes you just have to find nice ways to show you want to do something yourself but would still like to have her advice from time to time.

I think she just made a new friend and you probably do more for her than she does for you to be honest.

Cool Re: Over Helpful Work collegue

:luck: Hey ROE WEDGE
    Thanks for your posts i really never thought of it like that,
    Anyway talk soon
    honey22:endof: :frustrated: :luck: :whipping:

Exclamation Re: Over Helpful Work collegue

Omg I cant believe what i wrote on this post the woman is a absolute *****, i really dont like her, and do u know why, well today at work one of the residents was asking me and talking to me that she had no money well the lady i have been working beside was sitting opposite us and told us to shut up before telling me i had to take the lady to church,
    in training we neve yell at anyone, even our residents, they have dementia, i just really hate her i dont what anything to do with her, do u know how i can get away from her shes always following me around
    Honey22:houra:

sounds like your to the point where she makes you uncomfortable and you need to inform both her and your supervisor of that fact. We do have stalker laws now.

Talking Re: Over Helpful Work collegue

if only it where that simple, i have tried averything i can think of what u suggested is a bit extreme to say the least