Thread: job interviewing in todays world

Red face job interviewing in todays world

Hello,
    I am asking for some help and feedback for some of the questions that are routinely asked in a job interview. I have been a nurse either LPN or RN for a number of years, and it used to be that experience, accomplishments etc seemed to be the focus. Now mangers are asking different questions. I have bought a couple of books to help me understand the language of the interviewer. One question that always gets me, is, "why do you want to work here?" I want to say, "I need a stable, reliable job environment that allows me to pay my bills which helps with the quality of my life." Although this is true, this is NOT what they want to hear. Can you give me some of your answers to this particular question? What does a manager want to hear? What answers have any of you given? (Please no humor... my stress level is way up, as I want to make a good impression and get the job.)

Re: job interviewing in todays world

Quote Originally Posted by wildhorse View Post
    Hello,
    I am asking for some help and feedback for some of the questions that are routinely asked in a job interview. I have been a nurse either LPN or RN for a number of years, and it used to be that experience, accomplishments etc seemed to be the focus. Now mangers are asking different questions. I have bought a couple of books to help me understand the language of the interviewer. One question that always gets me, is, "why do you want to work here?" I want to say, "I need a stable, reliable job environment that allows me to pay my bills which helps with the quality of my life." Although this is true, this is NOT what they want to hear. Can you give me some of your answers to this particular question? What does a manager want to hear? What answers have any of you given? (Please no humor... my stress level is way up, as I want to make a good impression and get the job.)
    Know your job description to the T. Tell them you want the opportunity to expand your horizons, challenge your experience, and learn from their great pool of exceptional nurses.

All of the above and don't forget to mention how you would love to integrate the hospital's values and grow your "practice" within their facility.

Member Extraordinaire

I always go to the hospital's website & do a little research before I interview- then you can include "personalized" infor in your answers. Example: "I was really impressed by your facility's new stroke center."- or something like that.