Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking Christ out of christmas?

Taking Christ out of christmas?

What the heck is this stuff about taking Christ out of Christmas? I can understand separation of religion and government. We do not want to be like the tallaban do we. Gosh forcing peace and good will on people. What are people thinking. Putting a nativity scene in front of a state capital, how <font color="red">oppressive</font> . If people do not want Christ in Christmas they should start their own holiday. By the way the term comes from Christs' Mass.

You people who have such a issue with this are putting hate, discontent, and turbulence, into a time of year where there should be love, thankfulness for what we have or don't have. and just peace on earth.

GIVE ME A BREAK

Re: Taking Christ out of christmas?

yep.

Member Extraordinaire

my 6 yr old wants to know why Baby Jesus gets to have his birthday on Christmas I think some people think Christmas is a holiday about trees, reindeer and Santa I bet a whole bunch of kids don't know any different. I'm not really big religious but there is a reason for the season. My younger brother(ok 40 years old) "doesn't believe in Christmas gifts" that's in the giving not the receiving. But you also have to have the spirit all year long.

I agree with all that is stated above. What do people want? I think that the media gives a voice to the very few in our society that have nothing better to do than complain. I have read that 90% of people in the US believe in GOD in one form or another. Many of these practice some kind of religious holiday during Christmas. What is our media teaching our children? That the few are the voice for all? What horse hockey!!!Christmas is a time for family, sharing and giving and for remebering what Christ sacrificed for us. Enough said. Have a wonderful holiday!!

You can thank secular humansim for that.

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that the media gives a voice to the very few in our society that have nothing better to do than complain.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It is people like the New York Times and CBS that give those people credence.

I once lived in Hawaii for 13 years. There was a Marine Corps base up on top of a mountain. On that base was a lit cross. It had been there since W W II. It could be seen from sea for miles. It was a famous land mark. Well a person of no faith what so ever claimed it was offensive and took it to court. Due to the fact it was a religious symbol on a military base, He Won. The media repeately drove home the issu of church and state sepperation.

Member Extraordinaire

Wasn't the country based really on religious freedom not freedom from religion. Why do we trust in God like the US dollar says maybe those that want seperation should not be paid in money that trusts in God they could learn to work for peanuts (oh that's me darn it)

You get peanuts, darn you are lucky.

Member Extraordinaire

but they aren't chocolate covered

Makes a good argument for not believing everything you read. You wonder what these people would do if they had to "stick to the positives" and ignore all the politics, hatemonging and bias we hear about all the time.

I agree with 1mgepi, Christmas is fine just the way it is.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursinga2z.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast