Thread: travel companies

travel companies

Hi,
    I am new to this site and am happy to find fellow travelers.
    Having worked for over a year with American Mobile Healthcare, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with the service (or lack thereof) from my recruiter and the company.
    My last contract I ended up working only 20 hours a week some weeks and the company allowed the hospital to do this by my being placed "on call". That way it wasn't actually a cancellation. Sure did hurt the ole' pocketbook. That, combined with my recruiter consistently not returning my calls left a bitter taste regarding this company. I will never work for AMH or any of it's sister companies.
    I am considering taking another travel assignment and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I saw the posting on Supplemental Health Care and have considered using them.
    Beware of AMH! Maybe they have gotten too big?

Re: travel companies

I agree AMH is the most inconsiderate company I have ever worked for. I verbally agreed to a contract in North Carolina. When I got there the facility shifted my schedule around, did not let me have the time off I had agreed to and AMH did nothing They said if it wasn't written in the contract it was never agreed upon. THey also have the worst health care coverage I have ever used. I am more in debt from working with them then I was before. I WILL NEVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AGAIN. TRAVELER'S BEWARE.

i am really freaked out now i am taking an assignment with amh what should i do!

Take a deep breath and delve into the assignment with a positive attitude. Remember to talk to your recruiter and your nurse manager to work things out.

Check out the August 2004 Highway Hypodermics newsletter which includes an article on "Surving Your Travel Nursing Assignment."

http://www.highwayhypodermics.com/newsletter.htm

Hi There,

If you are having problems with your agency-give me a call! I am a senior recruiter with COMFORCE and I would love to help you on your next assignment. If you have any questions or want more information, please give me a call or shoot me an email!

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks
    Stacie Koltai
    Senior Nurse Recruiter
    COMFORCE
    (800) 660-9544 x 145
    skoltai@comforce.com
    www.comforce.com

I used AMH once and had a horrible experience, but I heard they are getting better. But I'm trying an assignment with a company called RN Demand and they have better customer service , but pay is not as high as some agencies that I've talked too. But then again, I prefer the service over the pay.