Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jobless/homeless

Thumbs down jobless/homeless

This is my first travel assignment ever and I am feeling like a terrible, incompetent nurse thanks to Aureus. They informed me that my contract with the hospital was terminated so I asked what happened and they told me what the manager had said to them. I told my recruiter can I have documentation in writing so that I can defend myself well I am still waiting for the fax or e-mail. Aureus has left me out in the cold they didn't defend me or give me a chance to defend myself. They said I am responsible for paying my own way home and as far as finding another position for me that wasn't even discuss. My recruiter is nasty and I think we as nurses need to stick together against companies like this.

Post Re: jobless/homeless

Aureus did exactly the same thing to me a year ago! Cancelled my contract after an OJI, then wouldn't pay me the going-home $$$. I had finished my first 13 weeks and started my 2nd. I had to rely on friends and family to bring me home. Take care and please keep us informed.

Re: jobless/homeless

From the reading a number of different posts on this forum, this issue seems to be occuring more and more. I'm wondering if the nurses who are having these experiences are new travelers? Well, whether you are a new traveler or not, it is important to always protect yourself when going on ANY travel assignment. Anything at all can happen---and I do mean ANYTHING. You can get sick, you can get into an accident, your contract can be canceled, you may have any other type of emergency situation that could lead to your not being able to work and to going back home. Therefore, do not leave home without a credit card or enough cash in your pocket in case you need to pay your way back.

The language in almost every agency contract is very one-sided (in favor of the agency), and its your responsibility to read everything and negotiate changes to anything in it that you don't feel comfortable with. Otherwise, you may find yourself holding the short end of the stick, in which case it would be your own fault. Every travel contract is a business arrangement, and when it comes to business NO assumptions whatsoever should be made. If its not written in the contract it doesn't exist. And if there are things that you don't agree with don't just sign the contract anyway and hope that nothing bad happens. We all know Murphy's Law.

I'm sorry you had this experience. But if that recruiter is going to be nasty to you then you're better off not having anything to do with their company anyway. Write this off as a learning experience, and exclude it from your resume. If you decide to travel again apply to more than just one company next time, so that if one contract falls through for any reason you can call the other company, and maybe they'll be able to get you to into another position quickly. There are many other companies out there.

TopNurseJobs

Anthony,

I apologize for deleting your thread, however forum rules state that recruiting is only allowed in the nurses talk to recruiters (at their request) or the recruiters talk to nurses forums.

I hope you understand...

--Aaron

Thank you all for your support. Auerus needs to be reported for what they are getting away with. I am in the process of negotiating a contract with a different travel company and I hope it all works out well for me.

Thank you.

TopNurseJobs

Aaron

My appologies to you and the members here... I am pretty hyper about recruiting and while well intentioned, the approrpiate chat rooms and respectful feeling here is what makes this one of my favorite healthcare communities online.

I appreciate the ground rules that make it a great site and will abide with respect.

Take care
    Anthony Pierce
    Strategic Alliance

Write a Review

Tsoti & gigi_rn_bsn,
    I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes while traveling although not shocked by the actions of that particular agency. The only way I see to protect each other is to share information. Why not post a review in the appropriate section of this forum so that everyone can use your experience in evaluating offers? I have posted one on that company and suggest you do the same. Maybe if we all relay our experiences some of these agencies will think twice about abusing their staff. I look forward to reading your review.

Gee, Aureus must have a twin company called Integrated Nursing Alliance (how ironic that the staff from INA all came from Aureus). INA did the same thing to me. My assignment got cancelled and they got me another job in my hometown but refused to pay for my travel back home and put me in a very nasty Extended Care facility after I got back to town. I had to borrow money from family to get home. They also stole money from me by cashing a check I had sent and asked them not to cash until a particular date, but they cashed it anyway and my account bounced for over $300. My recruiter was very unprofessional, as well as his boss. I came home, worked through my orientation and worked one night on the floor. I got a call at 4pm the next day my contract had been terminated for MANY MANY STUPID reasons, and the company refused to give me my check. Stated they needed to use it to pay for the 2 wks I was in the nasty trashy Extended Stay. You really have to pay attention to your contract and also, I have found it very hard to trust ANY recruiters at ANY companies.

Donna- why did you have to send THEM a check? That seems odd.

I guess because I was stupid or was outsmarted by a conning recruiter. The company fronted me $600 to travel to a position since I did not have any cash. So I told them I would pay them back over the next month for the money I owed them so I sent them signed and DATED $100 checks. And they screwed me over not once but over and over again. I just hope that Integrated Nursing Alliance or whatever they call themselves now NEVER have that opportunity to do that to anyone else. It is just so hard to trust any companies or recruiters anymore, unless you KNOW a nurse or nurses who have worked for that company before.

Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast