Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graduated in June, test NCLEX in July and head to Army training next!

Graduated in June, test NCLEX in July and head to Army training next!

Hello there,

I've been away from this forum for some bit of time. My last two quarters were pretty full and busy and well...are over!!

:houra:

Now I am waiting for NCLEX and taking a summer advanced pharm class to stay studying.

Also I have my PCS orders for the Army, just need my NCLEX results for the official orders.

Have an apartment waiting in TX for me and my three cats then will drive down there for training.

TA DA!!

Thanks for listening.
    Gen

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Graduated in June, test NCLEX in July and head to Army training next!

Hey, Gen! Was wondering how you were doing. I bet you're glad schools over....for now.

Good luck on boards and all. Keep us posted on when the big day will be. Also, when ya move and all. Keep in touch as often as you can.

'Cat'

good luck Army :luck:

[QUOTE=cougarnurse;44945]Hey, Gen! Was wondering how you were doing. I bet you're glad schools over....for now. Good luck on boards and all. Keep us posted on when the big day will be. Also, when ya move and all. Keep in touch as often as you can. 'Cat'[QUOTE]

Hi Cat,

Thank you.

I was unable to respond to you initially because the prompt was taking me to the travel nurse forum rather than ultimate nurse forum and when I logged in it said, "thanks for logging in Gennaver" then it booted me right off and wouldn't allow me to post!

Obviously I figured it out, went back and logged in to the ultimate nurse forum.
    Nice to read you.
    Gen

Quote Originally Posted by NavyJim58 View Post
    good luck Army :luck:
    Hiya,
    Thank you NavyJim.
    Working on the pt now and the packing and uniform purchase. However it is stalled and waiting until July 17th when I take NCLEX. So, I gotta study too!
    Gen

Hello! Congratulations on passing the NCLEX! I am graduating in December and I plan on being a direct commission into the ANC after passing NCLEX. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated on the whole process of becoming a new nurse in the ANC. Especially about AMEDD training. Thank You!:houra:

Quote Originally Posted by syudent1010@aol.com View Post
    Hello! Congratulations on passing the NCLEX! I am graduating in December and I plan on being a direct commission into the ANC after passing NCLEX. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated on the whole process of becoming a new nurse in the ANC. Especially about AMEDD training. Thank You!:houra:
    Hello,
    Firstly you are allowed to commission in as a senior student with six months or less till graduation, (also can sign for various cash bonuses, payable upon OBLC graduation, and health professions loan repayment program for 30K direct to your lender).

Secondly, I suggest contacting a health/nurse recruiter now because it can take from one to several months to apply and process your packet. You will commission now but on Inactive ready reserve status until you arrive at OBLC then you re-commission in on Active Duty. This is how they used to do it and have brought it back.

I say no reason to wait until graduation. If for any reason you do not pass, (knocking on wood for me too) then they give you three months to re-take and I think they allow two re-takes. However hopefully one time is the charm.
    Gen

Thank you for the information. I have talked to an ANC recruiter and I have already started on the AMEDD paperwork. He never mentioned anything about the fact that I can join as a senior nursing student. He also told me that I couldn't do anything until I got licensed by the state. I was told the first thing I could do was to get licensed and then go to AMEDD training. I plan on doing my preceptorship at one of the army posts that is close to me in the fall, so hopefully I can get some more information on what steps I can take that will make the process easier for me. Thank you again for the information. Good Luck.:luck:

Cool Re: Graduated in June, test NCLEX in July and head to Army training next!

Quote Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
    Hello there,

I've been away from this forum for some bit of time. My last two quarters were pretty full and busy and well...are over!!

:houra:

Now I am waiting for NCLEX and taking a summer advanced pharm class to stay studying.

Also I have my PCS orders for the Army, just need my NCLEX results for the official orders.

Have an apartment waiting in TX for me and my three cats then will drive down there for training.

TA DA!!

Thanks for listening.
    Gen
    Hello Gen,

Congrats! Very cool things are going well for you! Glad you dropped in to give us an update. Remember, if you ever have any questions regards to the Army Nurse Corps I'd be more than happy to comply. Plus, I was with 5501st USAH [USAR] at FSH before going over to the Active Component [active duty]. I'm very familiar with FSH & BAMC.

I, too, have been VERY busy that past 3 months. I'm deployed to Iraq for 15 months. We have been mortared several times and had one Mass Cal with six fatalities and over 50 wounded. I was promoted to Captain last May. Wow, a huge jump in pay, which is tax free [for the most part] while OCONUS.

Anyway, enough about me. Again, very glad to hear the good news. Keep up the good work & I'm sure you will do fine on the NCLEX. I have an exam coming up, too. I will be taking the CCRN exam this September in Baghdad. I sure hope I get to travel via helicopter, rather than convoy to Baghdad. LOL, should be I nervous about passing the CCRN exam, or about mortars, rockets, IEDs, etc? I think I'll just focus on the exam and not worry about the other stuff. I worked over 17 hours during the Mass Cal I was really not scared upon the initial attack D/T too busy thinking about the what is my next safest action. Oops, there I go again being selfish talking about ME.

Keep in touch,

Cary James Barrett, CPT AN
    TF 31 Medical Bucca
    31st Combat Support Hospital
    APO AE 09375
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Thumbs up Re: Graduated in June, test NCLEX in July and head to Army training next!

Quote Originally Posted by syudent1010@aol.com View Post
    Outstanding! We need more Soldier nurses, ASAP!!!

HOOAH,

Cary James Barrett, CPT AN
    TF 31 Medical Bucca
    31st Combat Support Hospital
    APO AE 09375
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast