Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking about traveling...

thinking about traveling...

hey ya'll!!!

i was just wondering if anyone has traveled with NURSECHOICE or NURSES IN PARTNERSHIP? i have 6 years of er experience and thinking of traveling within the next year. i know for new travelers, deciding on the comapny is the biggest move. so, any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

thanks!!!

cutiern

Thumbs up Re: thinking about traveling...

Don't know a whole lot about Nursechoice, but Nurses in Partenership seems to be a great company. Ask for Jane. She is an excellent recruiter.

Donna

Re: thinking about traveling...

A co-worker of mine went through nurse choice and she seems to like them alot. I looked into it also and I know they have alot of short term contracts. There contracts are normally 4- 8 weeks and they are usually 48 hrs per week. So you make pretty good money but you have to work 4 days a week.
    Hope that helps.

DemKev

hey ya'll!!

i haven't posted in awhile. i think it's been almost two yrs. well, no more lurking for me! my target date to start traveling is late aug/early sept! i've applied & decided to work with 4 travel agencies(2 keep my options open & whoever offer is better):
    1. response 1 medical
    2. on assignment
    3. across america medical staffing
    4. freedom hcs

i know the nursing travel industry has been affected by the recession. i've been reading many posts and researching. but, i'm flexible and can pick up and go whenever & wherever i want to(ok, at least one week notice would be nice!). i'm so ready for this!

i hope everyone is doing well!!

cutiern
    :nurse-sun:

Things have been slow but it seems to be picking up. Knew it would, just wondering how long it would take. Looking online at some of my favorite companies, I see more and more jobs listed. This is a good sign. Picking the right company is crucial. Give this lots of thougth. Being flexible is a good thing and a requirement for travelers today. Being open to location, shifts, etc.. is helpful. Many jobs are still filling the same day or soon there after so having a license in the state of interest is a good idea.

anymore advice out there?

I would focus on the companies that have the most jobs. Cross Country, RN Network, Cirrus, etc...that way you can go from 1 assignment to the next and not wait 2 months in between.
    My company is good but has few jobs ( medical solutions), compared to the bigger companies.
    Sign on with several companies and play the field. Do an assignment and if you don't like the company then pick another.
    What is your specialty and where do you want to go?

hi kdog!

i have 7 years of er exp. i live in texas so i'm open to go to any of the compact states. i'm also interested in washington,hawaii,california and alaska

cutiern

Have you checked the job postings w rnnetwork, or cross country to see what is available. I did see a Hilo Hawaai and Seattle w RN NETWORK, i can give recruiter if you private message me.
    Anyway, sounds like you are ready to give travel nursing a try.
    Interview with a few companies but if you take a job MAKE SURE THE HOURS ARE GUARENTEED AND ALL REQUESTS ARE IN THE CONTRACT, LIKE SHIFTS, NO FLOATING, ETC. DON'T DO ANY VERBAL AGREEMENTS THAT ARE IMPORTANT.
    KEEP US POSTED.

Where are you looking to go and what type of nurse are you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast