Thread: Hi Not even a student yet

Smile Hi Not even a student yet

Hello my name is Thomas Brady, no not the football player. haha. I just graduated High School and i am attending The University of Maine at Fort Kent in the Fall with the intent of taking nursing. I come from a small town where most males choose to beome truck drivers, or woodsmen, or construction workers. There is a lot of testosterone flying in my town so it was kinda hard for me to tell my buddies that i was becoming a nurse, and suprisingly most of them were grateful for what i was doing. I have been getting very serious about becoming a nurse and have had a lot of thoughts. Are there any nurses out there that can give me some advice or ispiration to stick with it and complete my task ahead of me for the next four years? If you can tell me some experiences or why you chose nursing that would be great. I chose nursing because i had nursed my grandfather who was the age of 83 for five years starting at the age of thirteen. That mean helping change him, bathe him, feed him, and just listen to him. He was a great man and i want to spend the rest of my life helping people like him.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Hi Not even a student yet

:waving: Welcome to the site, Tom! Nice to have you with us. I moved your post to the Intro. Forum, so others can greet you and give you that support.

I think you'd best remind your buddies that, one day, you just may help THEM out, eh? And did you know that, in the Middle Ages, men were the nurses?

'Cat'

Re: Hi Not even a student yet

Hi ThomasBrady1989 and welcome to the forum.....being a navy nurse is a great career.....I have had lots of part time nursing jobs in the civilian sector also......we need more guys in the profession so welcome......:houra: