Thread: Friday, July 13th, 2007

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Friday, July 13th, 2007

Good morning, all! Hope you're all doing well today! Cass, I hope you are able to get away for a while.

So, who else is doing what? Anyone working, or is everyone off today?

'Cat'

Re: Friday, July 13th, 2007

Ooops! Almost forgot to ask....are any of you superstitious? I know we all have our quirks; I am also including those.

Member Extraordinaire

I'm superstitious that I'm on call and they'll call me in AGH

DH went to sit with dad this morning while mom did some running but dad after a couple of hours dad had him call mom home because he needed cleaned up and wanted mom to come do it...I told him they could call me but dad wanted mom to do it so she came home DH needs to go get their car and get the oil changed for them so one less thing for her to do.

Bwaaaah! I just got back home. Admin and DON are doing paperwork that needs to go out as soon as possible...meaning NOW! Sooo, I worked the floor. People are NOT picking up the extra shifts, leaving it for the DON to cover. Rude, eh? I would also say selfish, but...too nice of a word.

Cass, you are soooo sweet. Hugs to ya.

'Cat'

Well, it's time for me to say good night, you all. I hope you all had a great day.

'Cat'

Re: Friday, July 1http://forums.nurses-forum.com/images/smilies/+signs8-12+.3th, 2007

Working in Psych for many years I have definitely seen many bizarre behaviors, especially during full moons, and Friday the 13th, not that we don't get bizarre behaviors at other times! Anyway, after having a Thursday from H---, I figured it couldn't get much worse...WRONG! While trying to constitute Geodon (man that stuff is hard to get to dissolve) for a patient that was escalating, I suddenly heard a loud crash of glass breaking. Turning around I saw this patient half out of the now shattered window, being held onto by security and a crisis worker. Now, yesterday he accused me of being sent from Satan to kill him, but I really didn't think he'd go to such great lengths to get away from me. Fortunately, I knew he was in good hands, and that other nurses were close to assess injuries, and there just happened to be a MD on the floor, to boot, so I just turned back around and worked on the medication. The strange part of all of this is this unit has been around for at least 20 years, wouldn't one think to check the windows to make sure they weren't real glass?:39: The good part, if there could be one, is the Psychiatrist came in shortly afterwards and just handed me his credit card to get dinner for everyone that was working - anyone up for some shopping??:justkidding: BTW the patient just had some superficial lacerations, which really was the strangest part of the whole incident. I'm ready for a nice quiet weekend...