Thread: is CNA demand high in california?

is CNA demand high in california?

hey there all, just signed up for this forum cuz i coudlnt get a clear answer anywhere else. well for starters im 19, was doin pre-med until i realized i didnt want to go to school until im 30 and bald, so now im finishing up my prereqs to apply for the RN program at the community college here in fresno. unfortunately, ive heard a lot of scary stories about their lottery system, and how some people only have to wait a semester, and others end up waiting as much as two years. ill be done with my last class nesxt semester, and was thinking if im gonna be waiting for for up to 2 years, why not start a 8 week CNA courseand get a little feel for the the whole nursing environment. i jus wanted to see if any of u know if its hard or not to get a job as a CNA, i dont want to finish the course and then be jobless for a while, and end up getting into the RN program before i even get a CNA job. any help woudl b much appreciated, thank u

Member Extraordinaire
    I don't know about CA but I'd guess you could get a job with no problem look in you local newspaper on Sunday and see who has ads out there. Is there another school close that you could apply to for a nursing program. I applied to more then one when I started and got accepted to both then I got to pick the one I really wanted.