Thread: Nursing Jobs Ireland

Question Nursing Jobs Ireland

I am currently a BS RN student in Indiana, US and am wanting info on Travel Nursing JObs in Ireland. Long term ok. Daughter wanting to attend Trinity Dublin and I want to stalk Bono and Edge!!
    Fionn

Re: Nursing Jobs Ireland

I was looking for the same thing...Did you have any luck finding out information. If so, email me at jmsalibi@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Post Re: Nursing Jobs Ireland

I have been living in Ireland for the last 14months (my whole family lives here) and, while I don't mean to discourage you, (it truly is a very beautiful country) trying to get a nursing job here is no mean feat. I would suggest that you start applying to the Irish Nursing Board now (don't wait until you get here like I did, I'm still not working!) The Irish Nursing Board which is called An Bord Altranais will not approve your registration until they have sent a form to the college where you obtained your degree, and verified that you have taken all the required courses. I know it just seems so redundant seeing as we wouldn't have our license without having taken all the nursing courses. Anyhow, the whole process takes anywhere from 6-18months depending on who is processing your application. I tried going through a few nsg agencies (Irish and American) as I thought this might expedite the process, but to no avail. I plan on returning to the States in the meantime to do some travel nsg. I hope this hasn't put you off your dream of living in Ireland, I think everyone should try it at least once!! Good luck

Re: Nursing Jobs Ireland

Don't worry, you didn't put me off my dream. It just gives me more information to work with!
    Thanks for posting,
    Fionn

Smile Re: Nursing Jobs Ireland

Been working here a couple of years now and starting to get itchy feet for more travels possibly to OZ or NZ.

My buddy got a nursing job from Jobs in Ireland, Northern Ireland. Irish jobs employment site - jobs2ireland.com and I'm checking them out for nursing jobs in NZ and OZ.

Will keep you posted as to how it goes.