Thread: Alabama jobs

Alabama jobs

I have worked in Alabama, as a RN, for the last 6 years. I have found that whatever the hospitals decide to hand out is what you get. I have had anywhere from 8-17 pts, and have worked with 0 CNA's. We are told that we can have a break (in a 12 hour shift), if we can find time. They also tell us that they don't have to give us a break. Can you imagine? In one of our cities, there is a monopoly between the hospitals, to go up on pt load to meet their needs. That way, the nurses won't flip flop between hospitals. They have let us know that they would not bring in help from agencies, and would close the doors if a Union was to come in. Something has got to be changed- soon.

Re: Alabama jobs

Hmmm....sounds like DOTHAN. :rolleyes:

sounds like mississippi hospitals too

I can understand your frustration! I know exactly what you are feeling! I been there and got all the caps, t-shirts and etc, THAT is one of the reasons I decided to travel.. some of it has been good some not so good,but all in all the experience has been worth it. NO I have never broken a picket line to get an assigment. I have been from Calif to the Virgin Islands.. Best of luck to those that have to take waht is dished out to them

Childrens Health System and UAB Hospital are both Magnet facilities. Have you scoped them out to see if anything is different (better) there?

--p

Sales Jobs

Find local or national sales jobs instantly on SimplyHired.com, a job search engine with one of the largest databases of jobs in the US.

Sophie O'Connor
    Job Search Made Simple | SimplyHired