Thread: Anyone relate,or s it just me?

Anyone relate,or s it just me?

I said hello yesterday just joining in. Today i want to ask a question. As i mentioned I am working on a med/surge floor of a small hospital. I actually have four months in there. I had three months in at a larger hospital on a neuro floor. At this larger hospital I had a preceptor who rather than showing me the ropes was set about trying to hang me with them. Result-destroyed confidence. At this smaller hospital, it just seems that all I had learned in nursing school....I have forgot. Has anyone else gone through such a period? Does anyone have any suggestions. I guess maybe Im being a little vague,but;would love to hear what anyone has to say.
    THANKS
    Lance:confused:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Anyone relate,or s it just me?

This is pretty normal- you will learn more on the job in the first year or two as a nurse than you did in school, and you will find that a lot of the things you learned in school just don't apply in the "real world." Hang in there- as time goes by, things will get better and you will gain more confidence in yourself as a nurse. Just don't be afraid to ask questions or look things up if you're not sure about something- things will begin to become second nature to you soon enough!