Thread: shopliftin/misdemeanor/dismissed & Too Old for nursing?????

Red face shopliftin/misdemeanor/dismissed & Too Old for nursing?????

Hi,

I have a shoplifting/misdemeanor/dimissed on my record from 8 years ago. It has been my dream since I graduated high school to become a nurse. I am 44 years old and have 26 credits behind me. Three weeks ago I started taking classes again after many years. I will be taking out student loans to set aside so I can quit my full time job and enter the nursing program when the time comes. Am I wasting my time, effort and money? I have heard that it is worse to have a theft on my record than to have say a drug charge. I am worried. I want to be excited to finally do something with myself and concentrate fully on school etc. but I am scared to take what seems to be such a big risk. Will it all be for nothing? Also am I too old to get a job as a nurse when and if I graduate? I would probably be 48 or 49 years old when I would graduate because I can only take two classes at a time due to full time work. Thank you for your thoughts and hopefully experience with these issues.
    Katelynsgramma

Re: shopliftin/misdemeanor/dismissed & Too Old for nursing?????

i think u should pursue it... go to my place and work here ^_^ (just an advice), they will gladly accept you here.

Thank you for the invitation. I have always felt badly about my behavior 8yrs ago and you made me smile to think that not everyone is unforgiving. I can not come to the Phillipines because my family is here. You are very sweet. Good luck in your career you sound very nice.
    Katelynsgramma

oh too bad u cant come. anyway, all that you wanted is to provide help to everyone and that is all that matters.

Contacting you local state board of nursing with this question might not be a bad place to start.

If anyone will know if you'll be able to sit for the nclex they should. could save you lots of time and money.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

Go for it!!!! I know nurses who have way more than a you on their criminal record and they made it. I think it took some paper work but thats it. And you are definately not too old. I had a few ladies in their 50s in my graduating class. So don't hesitate!!!