Thread: I can't find a job!!!

I can't find a job!!!

Ok, I have been looking for at least a month. I have never traveled and was working with AMH. I am now looking with MedStaff. I have gotten only two interviews becasue I don't have two years ICU experience only 1 1/2. I quite my full time job and am all packed with nowhere to go!!1 any suggestions for the interview or how to get anyone to call you back??? I am looking in orange county/ san diego area (only because I have a friend out there) I live in Cleveland, Ohio now and will need some travel time. I am freaking out and my recruiter just keeps telling me that I will get a job.... WHEN???

any suggestions, critiques or advice would be greatly appreicated!
    joanne

Re: I can't find a job!!!

I had the same problem before I got my first assignment last month. It did take a little while. I almost gave up. HRN has an office in CA so they might have some contacts. They finally got me my first travel job. I did contact another agency and applied with them while I was waiting, just in case. But be careful as the assignment I took is not a very good one as far as the hospital and unit go. Very understaffed, so check out the hospital before you take a contract. Don't be in a rush like I was.

Re: I can't find a job!!!

Are you only working with one company? You might try signing up with another just to open more doors. I've heard that Emerald who staffs only California has lots of oppurtunities. Just make sure only one agency submits you for each job.