Thread: Best Travel Nursing Job or Jobs EVER? Yours?

Best Travel Nursing Job or Jobs EVER? Yours?

What is the best Travel Nursing Assignment you have ever had?

What would the Ideal Travel Nursing Job be?

Tell us about that job you miss the most, or hated to leave, or the ideal job that you have still yet to find...

Is there a "Perfect" Travel Nursing Job, or is it a Pipe Dream?

Did you renew with that facility? Did you go on staff? Did you reluctantly move on?

Details, let's hear them! Thanks

Re: Best Travel Nursing Job or Jobs EVER? Yours?

15 yr. RN, mostly ICU/CCU. On my first travel assignment. Amazingly--I landed a Hawaii job on my first assignment! It's a beautiful place, but the job is still the same 'ole. I feel like I got roped into a grunt job, it's certainly not a step-down ICU, this is more like nursing home work and I'm terribly disappointed. I'm not sure just who mis-represented this position, the agency or the facility. 13 weeks is a long time to handle this. I'm assuming this happens alot in the travel horizon network. Eager to hear from other travelers.

Hi

I am new to this forum and I am not trying to break any rules, and I couldn't figure out how to create a post, so I am using the reply option (feel free to move this post if you know how!).

I am a travel nurse. I run a free website for other travel nurses and allied health professionals to look at jobs that recruiters post and I am always looking for more nurses who might consider reading my site too. This is totally free for both the recruiter who posts and the travel nurse who reads as it is run on the Delphi Forums websites. I am hoping you and your colleagues would consider taking a look and consider reading openings on my website. I know that the travel nurses on our website choose jobs that they find on my website, so do I! You have nothing to lose and it is not trying to compete with anything here, it is just I might have recruiters posting jobs that you dont have here and I would be willing to post a link to your job posting website too!

Here is what you do...

First go to: http://www.delphiforums.com/?basic

then choose,
    New? Get a FREE account

Create an account for yourself and then log in.

Once you are logged in, cut and paste the following address in the address bar at the top of your screen:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/RNTOGOJOBS/start

Click on "start reading" and you will see that there are "folders" for recruiters to post jobs too. Have a look around to see what's cooking!

I did this because I had an interest in reaching recruiters to give me a variety of options and it is really catching on with my members. The best part is it is free to post and free to read, I pay a small amount to have the site and I am glad to just have people posting. I am meeting great friends and for instance a group of us from the site are looking to travel together, so it really has benefitted me greatly.

Please consider posting your personal requests for jobs or places you are interested in and please pass this email on to any individuals you know so they can consider reading and posting. As I have said, no one has anything to lose and both sides have the potential to gain a lot!

Thank you for your time
    Sincerely,

Paula (Martley6)
    Moderator of Jobs for Healthcare Travelers.

What company are you with? They differ like night and day. I get calls from recruiters all the time and the messages they leave me sometimes sound GREASY!! Like I can feel the slime coming off of them.
    Pay close attention to what companies other travelers use...listen to them!