Thread: If anyone would like to participate in article, pls. let me know.

If anyone would like to participate in article, pls. let me know.

Hello Everyone, I am a freelance writer researching for an article I am currently writing. I hope no one minds that I am posting!
    I have the utmost respect and love for hospice nurses having experience a long horrible illness with my grandmother. Thank you all very much for what you do!
    My article is basically about any inklings of spirtuality or evidence of afterlife in patients who are reaching last stages of life. I will always remember my grandmother speaking to love ones that had passed in the middle of the night and many other instances which changed all of our previous notions of the dying process. The hospice nurse told us she has had many like experiences with other patients.
    If anyone has had such an experience and would like to share, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: If anyone would like to participate in article, pls. let me know.

Hi, Tabby! I have heard of a phenomenum called 'angel eyes', where the person sees their loved ones who have 'passed on'....almost like their guides to Heaven.

'Cat'

Hi 'Cat' -- Thank you for that info! I'll look further into it.

Ricu

Hi Tabby,

I work in critical care so consequently, see a lot of people die. Because I am a spiritual person, your inquiry on the subject speaks to me. I find myself very prone to operate by that inkling as you call it, and make myself available to people who seem to seek a spiritual connection. Years ago, my wife gave me the cross that I wear and sometimes my patients and family comment on it. Interestingly, nobody ever mentions my cross outside of work which leads me to believe that making such a comment can impiy a need therefore, an invitation to discuss aspects of faith. Often the matter of suffering or end of life comes up and we work through the process. When someone dies unexpectedly or suddenly, those left behind are thrust into considering the hereafter and usually haven't given it any thought. Being available to explore this even a little, is a gift that we can give so long as we are prepared to "go there." I find this aspect of my work to be the most fulfiilling.

Peace

R

Any updates to your article? I think an excerpt posted here would be great. The book, "Final Gifts" addressed many of the experiences with conversations in the spiritual realm with end of life patients.

Would like to know how the article is progressing.