Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: travelers beware

Exclamation travelers beware

traveling is great but there are few travel agencies/recruiters that will deduct
    money from your last paycheck for costs that they are responsible for such ad rent and utilities. They take advantage since you are from out of state and can not hang around to file a complaint with the labor commission.
    Clinical One and On Assignment have done that.

Re: travelers beware

Also beware of Trustaff. They offer bonuses and extra money and it is a constant struggle to get the money promised you and they also will have their way with your final paychecks anyway they see fit and will come up with any and all "justifications" as to why this and that has been deducted. Recruiters are unreliable and will tell you whatever you want to hear. Be careful and good luck.

Beware of Emerald Health also!!! They set me up in a "condo" that I found old food and garbage under the beds. When I called to complain- they said that it was MY responsibility to clean and that they were "doing me a favor" because it was a 2 bedroom (even though they had said that the 2 bedroom was the only one they had available.) I figured the difference in my pay for having them find my housing instead of just receiving the housing stipend was almost $3,100 a month!!

on assignment took out for the rest of the month insurance on my last paycheck, even though I had signed with another company who offered day one benefits. I was asked by the insurance rep"what did you want me to do? Call and ask you if you wanted to keep the insurance for the rest of the month?" I said, yes, if you are going to deduct that amount out of my check, you should at least make me aware! I had multiple issues with money with On Assignment.

They are becoming crooks. They charged me insurance to the beginning of the month, even if my assinment started in the middle. They did that twice and once they charged me till the end of the month even if it ended in the middle. They are stealing our money, because we did not authorize the deducted and were not informed if that is their policy. But how can you benefit for coverage two wks ago,
    when you weren't even working yet. They are thieves.

Angry Re: travelers beware

tell me what else on assignment has done, I am filing a claim with the labor commission now, my hearing is in two wks. I want to show them how many people they are scamming money from.

this is terrible and we need to all work together to prevent this from happening

Part of it is doing your homework on forums like this...how else will you know what you are getting into unless someone else has been through it. STAY AWAY FROM THESE COMPANIES : On Assignment, RN Network, American Mobile--oh, and how can I forget Trustaff and Cross Country...I am adding new ones all the time, unfortunately!!
    A few hints I have learned over the years traveling: ALWAYS take the housing stipend if you can find your own accomodations and ALWAYS counter offer for double (ie. if they are offering you $900 say you want $1,800--nine times out of ten you will get it); when it comes to travel money, if they don't make your airline arrangements for you, make sure you get all your travel money up front (do not agree to 'beg and end travel') and once again, negotiate up for more money (ex. my first travel assignment they only offered me $450 to go across the country...I don't take less than $1,000 now).
    Get your own health care coverage if you can and negotiate a $2-4/hr more pay increase if you deny benefits. It is always cheaper if you do your own and you will make more hourly.
    Remember: YOU MAKE THE RULES. We are working our butts off to make those companies rich--we deserve a bigger piece of the pie and you will get it if you fight for it!

It was worth it going to labor commission

Hey truth tell us what was the outcome?? We're dying to know. I have traveled with on assignment in the past but I guess they are changing...getting too big eh?? (greedy) I wonder who I should go with next??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast