Hello all,
I am new here but figured this would get me out into the community. I too am experiencing the issues with women who do not want men in the profession. I have one teacher in particular that seems to just go after me.
A little background on me. I am 30 years old, been in the military for 12 years. I got injured in Iraq so I am looking at nursing as my new profession. ( I am already in the program) And I am a full time single father.
So what gets me is that this prof. continuously makes exceptions for the mothers in the class but goes out of her way to slam me. I am not the best student but I challenge anyone to carry my load.
The other day I had to take my daughter to the emergency room because she was dehydrated fro the flu. Well needless to say I missed class. So the this Prof comes to me and tells me that I have used up my one excused absence and that I cant have another. So I asked her what I should do if my son gets sich and her responce was "Dont let it happen" This same woman is helping out the two pregnant girls in the class and giving them all the assistance they need.
This smae prof made statements last semeter that the inducton of men into the profession has made salaries go up.
So my question is: Am I going to see alot of this type of discrimination for disgruntled women in this porfession.
I should also say that she feels that I am a type A personality and that I am an "overbearing male"

~Adam