Thread: Washington State Nurses

Washington State Nurses

I have decided to become an RN after a lot of consideration. My wife starts the RN program in September so I have been learning about it through what she has learned in pre req's. Also talking to some nurses. I almost did it about a year ago and I wish I would have. If there are some nurses from Washington here I was just wondering if you could please answer some questions for me. How much could I expect to make in wage when I first get out of school? What are the medical benefits like? Is the retirment a 401k? I am leaving a career that I was planning on working to retirment but have decided that this is what I want to do. I basically want to compare it to what I have now. Any help would be great.

Re: Washington State Nurses

Hi, I have been a nurse for almost 2 years now and my husband is graduating in may as an RN. We are moving to Seattle in about a year. We contacted some hospitals about 2 weeks ago when we were visiting the area. The average new grad pay is about $24.50 base pay.We were also told that this will change in june when the contracts are renegotiated. You then can figure in shift differential which apply for evening, night and weekend shifts. Benefits were also pretty good. You can actually look online at most hospital websites which describe their benefits. Also you can call the human resource departments who will be very happy to discuss any furthur details. I hope this helps alittle and good luck in your new adventure.

Re: Washington State Nurses

Thank you for the response. That starts off better than I am getting now with a lot more room to grow. I will check out some of the nearby hospitals sites for benefit info. Have a good day.

Re: Washington State Nurses/ someone please provide some insight to nursing

I am completing my MBA concentration in healthcare management (I will be 96% complete by summer of 08). I am Asian Indian and previously owned a real estate business for 10 years. My hobbies are improving historic houses, Koi ponds (built 3 so far), landscaping, nature, traveling, natural food, cooking, traveling and making new friends. I am scared to death to apply for the MSN program since I have not seen any Indian male nurses. I am not sure how minority male nurses get treated during the process in the nursing school. Also with MBA/MSN, can anyone decide to go into administration without practicing clinical aspect of it? What are the benefits of having MBA and MSN instead of just having an MBA with healthcare administration? Are there any Indian male nurses in this field? I would also like to get some information to the universities that are two year program for non-nurses and enjoy a diverse body of students. Preferably a nursing program, where 50% are males instead of only 10 to 11% standard male enrollment in most universities.