Thread: where do u stay

where do u stay

what are the options if your assignment does not start for a week to two? has anyone really negotiated for more pay?

Re: where do u stay

The best option is to stay at home till a couple days before your assignment starts. If you haven't maintained a home and have a couple weeks to burn, take your time traveling and enjoy the country. Sometimes the new agency will allow a few extra days if you have no place to go between.
    As for negotiating salary, by all means, do. Agencies make a LOT of money off you. If you are skilled and a good fit for them, they will often negotiate, especially if you are a RN. If you don't need their benefits, you can almost always get an extra dollar or two per hour. Good luck!

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS NEGOTIATE FOR HIGHER PAY! And if possible, take the housing stipends and whatever they offer you, DOUBLE IT and that's what you should be getting (9 times out of 10 you will get what you ask for!) AIM HIGH!

I hate extended stays, so my girlfriend and I always take the housing stipend and use Craigslist or VRBO to find really cool vacation homes. It makes such a difference to come home to a cozy vacation home with a hot tub after a hard shift. Plus, we are able to find housing that is less expensive than the cost of staying in an extended stay. Hope this helps!