Thread: Nation wide healthcare

Question Nation wide healthcare

Anyone else concerned with the whole nation wide healthcare program that most of the presidential canidates are trying to push. I went 6 years without healthcare so I do understand what it is like to go without. My concern is whenever government takes over something it seems to only have new problems. Lets say we do mandate nation wide healthcare. Ultimately this will affect our pay, benifits, degree required, etc. Just curious to know if anyone else is concerned?

Re: Nation wide healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by XOEmmyLouOX View Post
    Anyone else concerned with the whole nation wide healthcare program that most of the presidential canidates are trying to push. I went 6 years without healthcare so I do understand what it is like to go without. My concern is whenever government takes over something it seems to only have new problems. Lets say we do mandate nation wide healthcare. Ultimately this will affect our pay, benifits, degree required, etc. Just curious to know if anyone else is concerned?
    I think that most of us can agree that something needs to change. I've done tons of reseach and debate on the topic and continue to support change while keeping an open mind. My current view is that the "government" through taxes pays for preventive health care with vouchers. A person would buy insurance with a voucher. I think that focusing on prevention and getting people to see a provider it a step in the right direction. Preventing a disease is much cheaper that treating it after it already occurred.
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.

Lightbulb Re: Nation wide healthcare

Hi All,
    I agree that something has to change, providing healthcare for everyone is not as easy as it sounds. I too have done a lot of research on this topic and it is not without consequences to the insured; Canadians often come to the states for procedures. Not too mention that providing healthcare to people that are very well off is ridiculous in my mind...they can afford to pay for their own. Their has to be some balance and some rules such as not dropping individuals when they are diagnosed with chronic diseases or cancer (I also lost coverage some years ago for chronic asthma because I was hospitalized too much). Anytime the government gets involved I get a little leary...

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow
    ~BeachyCEN

Re: Nation wide healthcare

Glad to see that others in healthcare are leary of more govt meddling. Can anyone point to 1 govt entitlement program that has not resulted in waste, misuse, fraud and bureaucracy? If we don't like insurance bureaucracies denying care, what makes anyone think some medical equivalent of the IRS or the DMV.