Thread: I need some direction

Question I need some direction

I've recently decided to try travel nursing. Since that decision I've been researching travel companies and trying to do my homework to choose a good one. There are so many horror stories out there it's a little discouraging. Actually, it's quite terrifying. I'm looking for any advice people are willing to give. I'm also looking for info on these companies specifically:
    Premiere Healthcare Professionals
    Nurses in Partnership
    RN Network

Thanks to all.

Re: I need some direction

I haven't heard of the first two, but the third one--stay away from. If you work with any American Mobile or Cross Country company you will be making far less than what others in the industry are making. Intelistaf is ok if you have a good recruiter (I liked mine)...Faststaff is good hours and high pay, but not great recruiters--if you like being a work horse, this is a good company. Other than that, good luck! Just remember you can NEGOTIATE ANYTHING: pay, bonuses, housing stipends, travel money, etc.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: I need some direction

RN Network is NOT affiliated with American Mobile or Cross Country!

RN Network is owned by CHG Healthcare. American Mobile is owned & operated by AMN Healthcare, and Cross Country TravCorps is owned & operated by Cross Country Healthcare, Inc.

Remember when comparing pay that in order to compare apples to apples you need to compare companies that are going to offer similar benefits- insurance, housing, travel reimbursements, etc. It's not only about the hourly pay, it's about benefits as well. Of course you're going to make more per hour if you forgo some benefits, like insurance- so make sure you are comparing apples to apples here.

I am currently on my fourth assignment with RN Network, and I am very happy with them- I get paid very well, plus get free insurance, free housing, and generous travel reimbursement. My recruiter is excellent, and truly looks out for my best interest. PM me for my recruiter's contact info.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen