Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nursing salaries

nursing salaries

On the cover of today's Parade magazine: What People Earn--
    Brian Koonce, 39, RN, Omaha, Neb $85,000!!!!! Also, under Hot Jobs in 2005--Nurse Starting Salary $30,000-$45,000.
    Maybe this is true for some, but to me this is a load of steaming hot horse manure. I'm about to start my 23rd year in nursing, and I don't come close to the $85K mark, even with weekend and shift differentials. I am nauseated just thinking that as I'm wiping someone's hiney they're thinking "Gee, she makes $85,000 a year!" I am a staff nurse--that's all I ever wanted to be, and I love it. It's more than a job; to me it's a calling. And truth to tell, I don't have a lot of resentment or gripes about my salary. HOWEVER, it chaps my butt to think that now everyone (except nurses and hospital corporations) thinks I make the big bucks. No wonder, some patients and families treat us like servants--they figure since they're paying us these enormous amounts of money they are entitled to all sorts of perks, including being able to order us around, and being highly incensed if we don't scuttle around fast enough.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: nursing salaries

I saw the Parade also. There were a couple more nurses not making that much. It always burns me to see the $$$$ for the ball players and actors as compared to any "regular" job, teacher, nurse, etc etc...the ones that take care of you and your kids.

you mean you don't think it's lovely that Arod makes more in one at bat than you do all year?

Here you go. Compare your nursing salary to Arod's.

I've attached an image so you can see the stats. Alex makes a little more than 33,000 per plate appearance.

hmmn, attachment didn't work

Member Extraordinaire

oh that's ok I'll just live without that attachment. Baseball has brought me so much joy in my lifetime afterall. Watching the news right now the teachers here have been without a contract for more then 2 years and just have an agreement today. I wish actors would go on strike for a while...I'd have to find something to do like read a book instead of expanding my mind with reruns of Friends where they were paid a million per show each. I know I'm the leader of the bitch and moan club

i'd like to know where i can go to make 85k a year. i am 20 years in and don't even come close to that.

Member Extraordinaire

[ QUOTE ]
    jodeee said:
    i am 20 years in and don't even come close to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a sentence doesn't it

[ QUOTE ]
    jodeee said:
    i'd like to know where i can go to make 85k a year. i am 20 years in and don't even come close to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try working for US Nursing Corporation working Strike Actions.
    http://www.usnursing.com/

They'll put you on six days in a row, 12 hour days, bus you in, bus you out and you'll have all the comforts of home on the unit

Scab nurses don't have the most pleasant work environment, but the do get paid very well. I could never do it.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

85,000...that's all??? Hey, check this out...at my last travel assignment in California there were nurses there who worked at the local county hospital for 12 hours (good wage) and then came to the ER I was at and worked ANOTHER 12 immediately after that!!! They had really amazing houses on the beach BUT NEVER SAW THEM!!!
    You can make upwards of 125,00 per IF YOU WANT. If you want to work 4 jobs, do registry on top of your full time job. But it is your choice.
    I used to work 3 jobs. One FT, one per-diem and one on-call. The money was great but I had no life.
    Just giving you my two cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast