Thread: Question for all who can help

Question for all who can help

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows if its mandatory to report to the nursing board if my RN license is put on probation in another state? Or if I have to report if Im in a diversion program? Thanks for your help

Re: Question for all who can help

Probationary status in any state requires reporting to the state that you are currently practicing in. Usually the state that you have a probationary license in will require you to tell the state you are going to about your situation, and to join the alternative program. I was co-monitored by 2 states for example. If either of the states finds out you are praticing nsg they can suspend or even rovolke your lic. How did you get reported to the nsg board in the first place? Not a judgement question, but just need more info to help you with your situation.

Re: Question for all who can help

Well, when I lived in IL, I was fired from a hospital for diversion. I ended up moving to WI before I was notified that the hospital reported me to the board. So, I already had a license and was already working out here in WI. So now I am under an "invesigation" in IL and still dont know exactly what the outcome will be. I was just curious how it will affect my license in WI. But I have a little better idea now. So, my understanding is I would be monitored by 2 states?? Jeez, that really sounds like a headache, and alot of money!! I dont see why they just dont have one state monitor you? Especially if you are required to report yourself to the other states anyways.... Its all a big stressball situation and I just want it all to be over with...