Thread: Seasoned LPN seeking good travel nurse agencies

Seasoned LPN seeking good travel nurse agencies

Hi,

I am new to this site and is glad that i found it via another site. I am an empty nester now with children all grown and on their own and also recently became a widow--I am age 50 and have been a LPN since 1985--with experience in hospital step-down units, med-surg and 1 day surgery departments and charge nurse at nursing home.. I am interested in getting to do some traveling and seeing other places of which was not possible during my child rearing yrs.. I met some travel nurses on last yr and there excitement about getting into the mobile nurse indurstry have stirred my interest greatly, but I am finding that most travel nurse agencies do not contract LPNs but RNs only.. The only license I have at this time is Alabama License.. but I am hearing that it is not hard to get endorsement licenses for other states.

If anyone here can share with me some good dependable agencies that they have worked with and I prefer the ones that pay weekly--I was told about american mobile and checked out their web site, but they pay bi-weekly..I would love to get a contract in Atlanta,GA --but have not found an agency that covers that region..

Your info and advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks--Joyce

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Seasoned LPN seeking good travel nurse agencies

Hi, Joyce; welcome to the site! Check out the Travel Nurses section. There's alot of information there. I don't travel, but I am sure there are some companies that do hire LPN's.

Hope to see many of your posts in the future.

'Cat'

Member Extraordinaire

RN Network occasionally has job postings for LPN's. Check out their website for LPN postings.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Thanks so much--

thanks so much
    I am reading a lot of negative things here about Core medical-- they have numerous ADs in all the nursing magazines--i throught they were a highly rep company to work for..

Hello, I have thought about traveling as well. I didn't end up doing it because I decided on a gov't. job with the V.A. Hospital instead. The three agencies I looked into are "Cross Country"; "American Mobile"; and "Sterling Medical". Be prepared however; the paperwork and credentialling is long and drawn out. These companies are big and nationwide...so they have alot to do in order to get people ready to go. I got so frustrated before I finished, I just gave up. It is well worth it if you can handle all the rush and paperwork. As far as your license; if Alabama is in the Compact States network....you can go several places without getting another license. Or, if you get with the government...your license is good no matter where you go as long as it is a U.S. Territory. Good Luck! I am so jealous. Kind regards; ruby43.