I had a positve urine and since I was already in the voluntary recovery program here in PA, I am not able to work as a RN until I have 3 months of verifiable recovery. Thank God I am allowed to continue working on the tely floor that I work on but as an aide. I have only told a few of my closest colleagues here about the real reason why im not working as an rn and some people just assume that i forgot to renew my license or something. However, it is very humbling to be in this position now and my paychecks are of course less than half of what they used to be and that is with working overtime now. Don't get me wrong, it could be alot worse, but when you're taking orders from people who are your peers, it hurts a little. I'll have 90 days clean on may 7 and the state extended my contract. I hope I can make it, my track record is bad, but my life depends on staying clean, but the urges to use still come. I'm just hanging in, one day at a time...Its a tough situation because when i come back as an rn there is a chance i may not be allowed to give narcs for 6 months and than everyone will really know what the deal is. my urine was pos for coke though.