Thread: Breaking Contracts

Breaking Contracts

I have a horror story to tell and it was my first assignment. I broke that assingment this past week to come home. The DON "mislead" me on nurse to patient ratio, there were no red bags in the building (how do these places get away with this), the staff there was rude, the medical director was terrible. I, and other travelers were being supervised by 2 people who didnt even have the credentials much less, they werent even NURSES. I began to get sick a lot while I was there and was starting to realize it was due to lack of infection control in the building.

Traveling was my dream. I am so dissapointed. I decided to leave 3 weeks before contract was up. I just couldnt stay. I was worried about my license. I was being asked to do things I never even knew people would dream of asking you to do. I was overwhelmed with their system.....the infection control was deplorable. I just couldnt stay. I feel bad for breaking my contract but I had to do it. Everyday I walked in there I felt like I had a guard up just because I was so afraid for my license.

Has anyone ever broken a contract? If so, let me hear from you. I was with American Mobile. What will they really do to me. I came home to Arkansas to work agency. I am just digusted not to mention the fact that, financially, it will take months for me to recover.

Hope to hear from someone who has been thru this.
    Thanks
    Susanne:confused:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Breaking Contracts

Make sure you post reviews of your travel company AND the hospital in our reviews section, so others can learn from your experiences.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Re: Breaking Contracts

You did the right thing for you.. First of all, having a contract does not mean you have to suffer unsafe deplorable situations.. I hope you informed AM while you were there of the problems.
    Sorry about your dream, but, it does not mean all jobs are bad.
    I've cancelled and been cancelled. I will not tolerate sub standard situations. Did AM back you-- ??.. Try another travel company and if you are interested in a job, ask to speak to a travel nurse that has been at that hospital before.
    Don't give up.. Anyway, where did you work at.