Thread: Need advice

Need advice

I am sure I could get the information I need in other ways but what is better than asking the experts. I am in my senior year of high school and I intend on being a nurse. However my school is not equipped with proper counselors hence there is no one there for me to ask. What I wish to know is the courses one must take from the moment you leave high school to attain LPN and/or RN. Just as a side I am currently looking at becoming an LPN then later on trying to advance to RN. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need advice

Are you in the academic course because you will need Algebra, Chem., and Biology. Every school has thier own requirements. Generally for the RN you will need your basic college courses like English 101, Humanities course, science electives, communication, psych 101. If you have the 3 basic high school courses then you can start with the others. If not you can take them at your local community college, 2 years of high school Algebra= 1 semester of a basic college Algebra. a little harder to do this way but can be done. The LPN program depends on the school you go to. so check with the school that you plan on attending. I hope this is what you were looking for. It also helps to do volunteer work in a hospital. I was a candy striper when I was a teen.