Thread: Friday, September 5, 2008

Member Extraordinaire

Friday, September 5, 2008

Morning, everyone! Wanted to let you all know- I will be without internet for a few days as we head down to Florida- we are leaving a little earlier than we had originally planned.... Originally we were going to leave on Sunday, so we would arrive in FL on Tuesday, but that is the day that hurricane Ike is scheduled to hit, so we are leaving Saturday instead, so we can get there by Monday, and still have a day to get moved in before the worst of the storm hits.....

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Friday, September 5, 2008

Hey, 'Manda! Thanks for letting us know where you are (in route). watch out for the idiots on the road, eh?

Oh, and thanks for starting the thread, too. Maybe you will get lucky and find a place with internet access? :confused: If not, see you Monday.

Susan & I will be living out of hotel rooms until 22 SEP when we move into our new place in Universal City, TX. I do have my laptop and will drop in from time to time.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Hey, 'Manda! Thanks for letting us know where you are (in route). watch out for the idiots on the road, eh?

Oh, and thanks for starting the thread, too. Maybe you will get lucky and find a place with internet access? :confused: If not, see you Monday.
    You know, it's funny you said that, because right now we are stuck at a hotel in Muscle Shoals, Alabama because some idiot pulled out in front of us on the highway today & we wrecked our car. Husband was taken to the hospital by ambulance, he's OK, bumps/bruises, sprained ankle, but our car is junk (brand new, only 2 months old....).

State troopers were nice enough to drive us to the hotel after he was released from the ER, we will see about getting a rental car tomorrow and then continue on our way to FL. If they don't total our car, we'll have to drive back here in a couple of weeks when the car is all fixed... and of course, the other driver doesn't have insurance :cry_smile:
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Ah, sh*t! Sorry about that! How is this gonna affect the new job?

I would want a new car.

Member Extraordinaire

We're going to have to stay here in Alabama until tomorrow, all the rental car places in town are closed until then, so tomorrow we'll get a car and head down to Florida- my assignment doesn't start until the 15th. So when our car is fixed, we'll have to drive back here or fly here to pick it up...

I would prefer them to total it out and give us a new car, too, but I don't really have a choice in what they decide to do. I just know it was a BRAND new car, and even if they fix everything, cars are never the same after an accident.....
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen