Hi, I am new here and I have to say this web-site has really opened my eyes to the nursing field.

I am a 27 year old male, I have a BS in Biology and a degree in chiropractic. I graduated chiro school Dec 2003 and recently decided that chiropractic is not for me.

So, my next step is going back to school for something else which I have narrowed down to two careers. One is nursing because my mother is a nurse in the ICU dept. Two is a physician's assistant.

Currently I am in the process of applying to an accelerated BSN and also to a physician assistant program. I think I have a good shot at getting into either one of the programs - if I could make up my mind.

Here are the things that I am attracted to in nursing. It looks like a rewarding career where there are endless amounts of jobs and opportunities. I would like to get into travel nursing ASAP. The pay is also very generous which I need to pay back my student loans

The physician assistant profession is also attractive. It seems like more of a 9-5 job with good pay. I could see myself working in an orthopedic surgeon's office doing exams and helping out with surgery.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would love you. I can't say that this has been an easy decision to change careers but I only see the chiropractic profession spiraling downward in the future.

Thank you