Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling a little aprehensive

Re: Feeling a little aprehensive

Quote Originally Posted by ravishenkar654 View Post
    I was just a little in shock when I found out how many different fields there actually in Nursing. I always thought there were nurses and that was just it, but there are many more positions. Thats what truly surprised me.
    I too was taken by how many fields are INSIDE the field of nursing. Never a dull moment. If you get tired of the job you are doing today you can (if you work in a facility with multiple disciplins) put in to train in a new area; START FRESH so to say, without looking for a new job.
    CAUTION is advised in doing this TOO often though.
    So if after years on the Med-Surge floors you get a bug to try somthing else, maby E.R. perhaps or maby you fancy O.B./GYN. Most nurses at our local hospital have a second unit they work to keep the burnout from happening.

Good luck and study hard.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

Thumbs up Re: Feeling a little aprehensive

Quote Originally Posted by orionseal View Post
    I too was taken by how many fields are INSIDE the field of nursing. Never a dull moment. If you get tired of the job you are doing today you can (if you work in a facility with multiple disciplins) put in to train in a new area; START FRESH so to say, without looking for a new job.
    CAUTION is advised in doing this TOO often though.
    So if after years on the Med-Surge floors you get a bug to try somthing else, maby E.R. perhaps or maby you fancy O.B./GYN. Most nurses at our local hospital have a second unit they work to keep the burnout from happening.

Good luck and study hard.
    Exellent thoughts, orionseal,as well as by all my other male RN peers. I was a little burned out after doing detainee [Iraqi detainees] healthcare for 15 months in Iraq. In fact, I was ready to submit my officer resignation packet upon arrival back home. However, similar to civilian nursing regards to many different career opportunities the same exist in the Army Medical Department. For the next two years I have the position of being involved with the training of Combat Medic Soldier students. This is great break for me.

IMHO, before leaving the nursing profession we should look at the options.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12