Thread: Sunday, October 26th, 2008

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sunday, October 26th, 2008

Good morning, everyone! Got coffee, and that's all I need for now.
    5 more days till Halloween; you all ready, yet?

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sunday, October 26th, 2008

I work on Halloween... not sure how many Trick-or-Treaters we'll get at our apartment.... Usually I just buy the candy, and then eat all the leftovers myself! Have 3 days off starting tonight, have to pick my husband up at the airport tomorrow.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Member Extraordinaire

hi, just checking the mail I work tonight. Got up this morning and only did 3 miles on the beach then went to church, came back and sat on the deck for an hour and read the paper then took a little nap for about 3 more I'll be ok I'm off tomorrow.

now for your question:
    Question...maybe I am dense, but in regards to Rhett Butler's People: where did that story end? I couldn't figure it out. I mean, he did walk out on Scarlett at the end of GWTW

Yes Rhett did walk out on Scarlett at the end of GWTW this book give more of a background on where Rhett came from. If you read GWTW you do get more info on him then you do in the movie but from GWTW you know he's from Charleston and he's an outcast (something about a lady on a buggy ride in the late afternoon without a chaparone but you don't know the whole story).
    This give his background on why he thinks and acts like he does. I like this book much better then Scarlett by Alexandria Ripley which is just a trashy bodice buster where the charcters are forgetable and the story line just wacky.
    Have you finished Rhett's people yet or just getting started? Also did you read GWTW? I have A Breath of Snow and Ashes to finish hopefully this week by Diane Galbaldon it's about #5 in a series and I've had it forever and really like it but need to be able to actually sit and read it I'd suggest her series if you're looking for something good but start with the first book.

Have read GWTW several (!) times over 30 years; love how MM explained Scarlett's background: the Irish came out, eh?

As for Rhett's story....I read it through, but could NOT figure out the timeline at the end. Had he already run out, or not? :confused:

Amanda, I love the mini candy. I can have one or two w/o feeling like a pig. I should run out and get more.

Should send my uncle's BD card, too. His BD is the 29th, his dad's woulda been the 30th. We tend to get each other really retarded cards, but it's a tradition of long standing. Will be getting him a more 'normal' card, too.

Well, it's that time, folks. Hope you all had a good day, and didn't get too much wind.