Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lonely traveler!!!

Lonely traveler!!!

I love the adventure! I love the money! The people have been fabulous. But I have a question. How do I fight the loneliness. I am traveling alone, a million miles from family. I've never lived alone. Work is great, but my days off... well that's another story. Help! How do I meet other people? I meet them at work, but they all have lives... I'd like to explore and see the sites. But doing it alone is no fun. Please Suggestions!!! Thanks

Re: Lonely traveler!!!

That's a good question. How old are you and what do you like to do for fun?

Hi! Sounds like you are working for some good companies - I am thinking of traveling myself - any advice?

Hello there. I am so sorry you are lonely. I am lucky and get to have my husband with me now. I remember traveling alone is was aweful until you made friends. For you next assignment try looking for somewhere you know someone or have met on the fourms here. Come to Tucson.....we have tons of travelers married and single I am sure you would fit right in. Keep smiling.

Melissa

I am sorry that you are having trouble meeting people. Sometimes it is hard. I started out traveling with a friend and go it alone now,and some places are harder than others to meet someone in. We would also ask the locals "What is the one thing you would not miss in your town?" and that seemed to open doors. Also look to hook up with other travelers at your facility. <font color="purple">

Hopefully, someday the "user map" on this site will populated enough that we will have to break it down into 50 plus state maps and you can meet travelers in your area that way!

I feel the same way. I guess we have to find a travel buddy. What are your interests, what do you like to do on your days off? How old are you? I will be 40 next week. I have been traveling for several years now and for the most part it has been good because I traveled with a family member but now I travel alone and I feel your loneliness. I am in California right now too. Write back and let's see if we can become friends and maybe travel buddies.

Try the web site match .com. I know a lot of nurses who have met some really great people and gorgeous men on this site. You can read someone's profile, what they look like, where they work, etc, and don't have to email them if you don't want to.
    Rosa

the recommendation to come to Tucson is an excellent one ... there are travelers everywhere!!! By the way,I do travel with my husband of 1 1/2 years, I mention this because I did meet him online 3 years ago. So, the computer is an amazing and wonderful tech for these days.

I feel the same way -- It is very hard not knowing anyone when you get to a travel assignment - finding things to do much less your way around -- It would be great if there was a place we could go to post where we are so that we could hook up with other travelers.
    Would be nice to find other travelers that feel the same and stay in touch with each other -- so maybe if we are in the same area or even plan to travel to the same place-- we would know we had friends to talk with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast