Thread: Florida

Florida

I am interested in traveling to Florida, somewhere around the Tallahassee area. Any good recomendations or places I should stay away from.:18:

Re: Florida

Not many jobs posted for that area. Don't know about the hospitals.

Member Extraordinaire

Yes, assignments in the panhandle area are pretty rare- there are more needs in Southern Florida.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Just stay away from JFK in Atlantis,FL. They treat travelers poorly. You get dumped on big time.

rn1279

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by rn1279 View Post
    Just stay away from JFK in Atlantis,FL. They treat travelers poorly. You get dumped on big time.

rn1279
    Yes, I have heard the same thing about that place.... plus they are ALWAYS hiring travelers, so you always have to wonder about places like that...
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen

How do you feel about south florida hospitals? Do you think staff are overworked with patient loads? Are staff able to treat patients appropriately? Have you been to a hospital where staff work more independently, not as much teamwork between Rns and CNA's?

i'm in Miami, BIG culture shock. Having no spanish backround, i find it very difficult to communicate with staff and patients. Very hard to relate to anyone here. I love the area, but I'm not sure i can stay because it's so different from what i'm used to. Things dont get taken care of as seriously.

Can anyone share their thoughts on this issue? Anywhere else in south florida you would recommend working?

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by zanagirl View Post
    How do you feel about south florida hospitals? Do you think staff are overworked with patient loads? Are staff able to treat patients appropriately? Have you been to a hospital where staff work more independently, not as much teamwork between Rns and CNA's?

i'm in Miami, BIG culture shock. Having no spanish backround, i find it very difficult to communicate with staff and patients. Very hard to relate to anyone here. I love the area, but I'm not sure i can stay because it's so different from what i'm used to. Things dont get taken care of as seriously.

Can anyone share their thoughts on this issue? Anywhere else in south florida you would recommend working?
    Having worked an assignment at an ER in South Florida, I think that nurses there are overworked & understaffed, as well as underpaid. I was just outside Ft. Lauderdale, and have heard that it gets worse the closer you get to Miami. I have also worked on the West coast of Florida, and I think that, in general, there are higher standards of medical care and friendlier people on the West coast (Naples, Sarasota, Tampa, etc...).
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Resident Trauma Queen