Quote Originally Posted by psephone78 View Post
]Cross Country stinks. I've been with them for a year and I've had two assignments with them and currently going on my third. This will be my last one. I feel like I'm getting cheated out of the pay I could be receiving from other companies. Other travelers I've spoken to are shocked when I tell them the rate CC pays. I'm actually telling my friends who want to do travel nursing to take it for the travel and to expect a pay cut if they take that route. What is the difference between the equivalent and the effective pay rate. I was told I would be getting one pay and ended up with another because the first one was labeled as the equivalent and not the effective one. I've done the calculations and I will be making 2000 after taxes a month. I will not be going back to CCT ever. They are one of the lowest if not the lowest paying companies. However I've heard many good things about Cirrus and they pay for almost everything even license fee reimbursements

I totally agree with you. I have been with them for over a decade and thinking of changing ... this tax advantage is a laugh .. during the 90's they had a similar tax advantage plan ...but based on 24 hrs (after that your pay went up to the "normal" rate) and not 36 ... even though the current one is based on 36 hr work week, the low pay rate extends to 40 hrs ... and o/t is at the lower rate ..This Tax Advntage is a CUT IN PAY!! I will be changing when my current contract is up .. sad after so many years, but I feel that I am being taken for a ride .. health care subsidy has not changed in as many years either. I feel like I am being blown off by my recruiter.