Hi everyone,

I don't know if i am permitted to post on these boards if i am not a psych nurse, but i have a real problem and when i saw this site i thought it was a great place to perhaps get an answer to my problem.

My on/off boyfriend has admitted to me that he has a disorder fo some kind and based on his symptoms, i am sure it is EDD/BPD (although i admit i am not an expert, but his behaviour points to this) One of his symptoms is that he punches himself in the face whenever he gets angry/hurt/panicked about something, most of the time the cause of him punching himself is something so ridiculous, like me saying i don't agree with him on something or pretty much anything really trivial. Once he actually called me names, hit himself 25 times, used my hand to hit him while screaming at me to hurt him and then punched through a door...all in response to me giving him advice on something (that he asked me to advise on) He has old scars that look like burns between his legs at the very top of his groin and when i asked him what they were he denied even having them. He regualrly calls me rerrible names, rages at me out of the blue, ends the relationship for nothing constantly. But my main question is, is it normal for SI's to hit themselves in the face, i know people cut, scratch etc, but i have never heard of hitting in the face...is this normal behaviour for BPD or SI?

Please help.