Thread: Chicago nursing schools?

Question Chicago nursing schools?

I am planning on getting an associate's degree in nursing. I know it is too late to enroll now for fall of '09, so I plan on getting as many classes out of the way before I actually get into a nursing program.

Does anyone have any suggestions for schools? Tell me what school you went to and your experience. I have looked closely at Truman College (as it is only a few blocks from me!) but am worried about getting into the program (or any program) because there are limited slots, so I figured the more schools I apply to, the better!

I am looking for schools that are not too terribly expensive, as I am finishing up my junior years at DePaul and it has drained me financially! (I don't plan on finishing my degree at DePaul, I was there for vocal performance and I have finally realized it just isn't right for me)

Also, does it increase your chances of getting into a nursing school if you are already an LPN and do one of the bridge programs? The LPN programs seem to fill up less quickly.

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Chicago nursing schools?

Speaking as one who did the 'LPN to RN' bit....one advantage is you can earn while you learn. Another advantage is you have many Bridge programs to choose from. (One may be at the school where you got your LPN.)

I didn't go to my local JR/Comm. College. as the wait was horrendous. (I have heard they now have a lottery system there.)Thus, the Bridge program at SXU. True, that is a BSN program, NOT an ADN program. However, as I said, you can earn while you learn as an LPN. It doesn't hurt to be an LPN.

If Truman is close, by all means go there if you can.