Thread: hypothetical situation possible?

hypothetical situation possible?

I'm curious how exactly can IPN (florida) verify or track your license to verify work/that you're working where you say you are? I am new to IPN for about 5 months and having a terrible time finding a job, been turned down for 20 jobs, but i recently got hired for a Drs office who is aware of IPN status & is willing to fill out all performance & eval forms, & will suggest the lift of my narc restriction after the 6 months has passed...YET the job is very minimal and wont provide enough hours to pay the bills. Hypothetically how will IPN find out if i am working in another job? does anyone know if they have access to Dept Of Labor information or if they do a search to see what facilities have hired new, do they have ways to search where your license is being used? As far as I have been able to investigate the contract initiated with IPN for a non-BON member is soley an "on your honor" system, meaning if I dont report to them that i'm holding more than one job then i'm not sure how they can find out. I am desperate and trying to protect my home from foreclosure and have been offered another position in a nursing research facility and at other hospitals and want to take one of the jobs without disclosing IPN status so that I can actually get a job offer, yet i'm worried about how it may/can get back to IPN. if anyone has any insight i need the help as desperate measures may have to be taken. If i continue my random urines and all seems to be in compliance with the program i can be done in one year. i was only reported for declining to take a random urine screen at my last job from which i resigned unrelated to this, never had pos tests, never a drug issue but still stuck in this program to protect my license from being reported to BON....any help?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Talking Re: hypothetical situation possible?

I don't know about your specific situation but I can tell you what happened to a friend of mine in California. He was essentially working under the table for several dr's offices when someone got angry with him and turned him into the Board. They ended up revoking his license because he breached his contract.

I know it's hard having less income especially rt now. When I was in Diversion our family income was cut in half. We had to be really frugal for 5 years. No extra whatsoever - that included no cel phones, no cable tv etc... I read alot of good books though......

While I am done with diversion it was very good training for these tough economic times - essentials only , Food, shelter cloths, education (for my son) medicine. It's tough but it won't last forever.

Peace and Namaste

Hpppy