Thread: messed up in missouri

messed up in missouri

hi I am a 29 year old used to be high risk labor and dleivery nurse and got caught diverting demerol it has been almost one year since being placed on probation by the board does anybody have any advice as to what to do about a job I really llike nursing and i right now live in an oxford house, ave gone through treatment and done the whole bit and still am what to do please help

confused in life

BEcky

Re: messed up in missouri

[hi I am a 29 year old used to be high risk labor and dleivery nurse and got caught diverting demerol it has been almost one year since being placed on probation by the board does anybody have any advice as to what to do about a job I really llike nursing and i right now live in an oxford house, ave gone through treatment and done the whole bit and still am what to do please help i really want to get back into nursing but really I am scared and afraid of what people will think of me.

confused in life
    Becky Rn

Thumbs up Re: messed up in missouri

People are going to think what they want no matter what you do.
    One of the first things that you have to do is believe in yourself.
    If you don't believe in yourself, you can't expect someone else to
    believe in you. I live in Missouri also.
    Walter

Re: messed up in missouri

I messed up in Phoenix. Checking out some prn meds ,no narcs, zofran on two patients, magnesium on two others, calcium on another. Turns out didnt need em and returned them, I was fired for checkin them out and the state board said 2yr probation is the min. displinary action. 6mo later cannot get another nursing job, with 11yr experience ICU/CVICU not even an interview. Just bout ready to start a new career, and in five years they say I can re take the boards. Good Luck, and remember to hang in there.

Smile Re: messed up in missouri

hi, i know how you feel. i am looking for a job also. i have been on 3 interviews and been rejected. i am being honest about my morphine addiction and the help i have recieved and that i cant give narcs. the fact that i cant give narcs is the reason i cant get a job and i think that it is ridiculous because to me, its such a small part of what i can do. but, i keep searching and not giving up. maybe you can get a job in an ob/gyn office because of your experience. good luck