Thread: Offer for after Med Insurance pay of $25.50 for travel nurse job in California....

Question Offer for after Med Insurance pay of $25.50 for travel nurse job in California....

I love the fact that the extended stay hotel would be paid for this, but still California being a place where housing costs, what?, $300,000 for a trailer, I would think nurses and travel nurses would make a heck of a lot more money there.
    I do definitely realize how much the benefits must cost for the companies, but is this a reasonable offer based on your experience?
    This would be in Riverside area ... $25.50 per hour (after medical insurance which I do not yet know the details about; I assume "decent") and travel expenses and license reimbursement.
    I still have a ton of bills (high car payment, student loans, insurance, ect., and I'm taking over my boyfriend's bills so he can go with) to pay and even just to store my stuff here (assuming I can soon get out of my apt. lease, hopefully) is an extra $200.
    Please let me know about what you've gotten paid for jobs in CA and what you think of this offer.
    Not trying to be whiney or greedy, but just is annoying how doctors make hundreds of thousands, and then the nurse also has so much legal. ect. responsibility and does so much and makes crap for it, especially after taxes. UGH.
    Thanks!!
    PS-I'm new to travel. Will soon take my first job at the start of the new year. I've worked Med Surg/Tele for 1 and 1/2 years. I've told the company I will have my ACLS this month. My class is scheduled for the 23rd and get my card that day.
    PS- this was quoted for night pay. I think weekend nights.

Re: Offer for after Med Insurance pay of $25.50 for travel nurse job in California...

Also this was quoted for night pay. I think it was weekend nights.

Re: Offer for after Med Insurance pay of $25.50 for travel nurse job in California...

That is Low pay, check out other travel companies. Tele nurses should make more than that. Also, travel nurses don't get night diffs.