Thread: Where do you shop?

Where do you shop?

I recently opened a web store and have been unsuccessful I want to see what is missing I want your honest opinions and I want to know what nurses these days are interested in wearing. Brand, Comfort,Pricing? Please any advice will help me establish a better product and a better business.

Thank You

Scrubcraze Store

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Where do you shop?

I look for the best price for everything I buy but I don't skimp on something I want...if you're talking about scrubs I wear what is required where I'm working.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

I like the scrubs with the elastic bottoms---keeps the snow outta my socks! Plus, keeps my legs warmer.

thank you for your replies keep them coming

Smile Re: Where do you shop?

I prefer a well-made house brand because the price is more reasonable. I used to buy from uniform express, but they withdrew their house brand. Now I buy the house brand at uniform advantage.

Member Extraordinaire

I wear hospital issue scrubs. I used to buy scrubs, but they aren't as comfortable, and aren't as durable. I haven't paid for scrubs in years....
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

I'm typically shopping for navy blue pants, scrub hats (not often, though, i make my own) and white button-down scrub tops.

One thing that drives me bonkers about pants is that there are companies that think a 30" inseam is a woman's "tall." WRONG!!! I need a 34" inseam, and i work with females that are taller than me, and most of them have to have their pants made for them. On the other hand, i've met some 5 ft tall males that gripe about men's pants being made for the Green Giant, who have to have their pants altered so they aren't dragging 10 inches of legs around.

On top of that, some companies do not specify the inseam measurement, except for "average" or "tall" and no numbers.

In case it doesn't show, i hate shopping lol. Unless it's craft stuff. Or shoes.

Anyway, Landau and Cherokee i've had the best luck with when it comes to scrubs, they are comfortable, don't resemble burlap sacks in style, the color holds well, and they don't thin out quickly.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

:offtopic: I hear about the inseam bit, Marie. I like the Landau's with the 'scrunch' at the bottom of the legs, as I do NOT have to hem the damn things. Irritates the heck outta me to hem.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Wink Re: Where do you shop?

I hung up my scrubs last year as my current job is more administrative and I don't need to wear them. But I always like solid colors and heavier material like ****ies - I wore a lot of prints around the holidays as well.

Hppy

I recently have discovered eBay for buying my scrubs, very cheap and have a great variety of different types and styles. I got the idea from this article. Where to buy Nursing Uniform Scrubs - Better Healthcare Management